The Royal Court theatre is current open for submissions, and call for entries of a certain theatrical challenge are rife and adorning the walls of foyer and bar, in this established Sloane Square residence.
The challenge, write a play bout anything using no more than a 100 words. The play title is not included in the 100 words but all stage directions take up the limited count. Here's my submission...
By Peter Holland
Man in tight spotlight, wearing sport kit.
- just ninety more! No excuses, eighty six!
Voice in darkness
- I really can't.
- I don't want to hear it, seventy two, keep going!!
- I'm over it, it's too much
- you're not even half way, fifty SEVEN
- you still there?
- (straining) yeah.... Just about
- keep going, it's worth it... Think of the pay off THIRTY SIX
- PLEASE CAN WE STOP
- NO!! I won't let you TWENTY FIVE
- this is too much
- come on you fat bas...
Lights up revealing man with ninety nine chocolate bar wrappers around him.
- ONE HUNDRED
For more of these plays visit the Royal Court or check out the website 100wordplays.com